The last four suspected bird flu patients two of them confirmed to have contracted the deadly H5N1 strain were discharged from a hospital in eastern Turkey, signalling an end to the recent outbreak, a doctor said on Saturday.
The last four suspected bird flu patients two of them confirmed to have contracted the deadly H5N1 strain were discharged from a hospital in eastern Turkey, signalling an end to the recent outbreak, a doctor said on Saturday.
There were no bird flu patients left in any hospital in Turkey, a Health Ministry official said, suggesting the outbreak might have come to an end.
Meanwhile two Indonesians have been confirmed as dying from the virus by a World Health Organisation-affiliated laboratory, bringing the country's death toll to 16.
Test results showed that a 22-year-old chicken vendor who died last month and a 15-year-old teenager who died on Wednesday were Indonesia's latest deaths from the H5N1 virus.
Šaltinis:
gulfnews.com
Copying, publishing, announcing any information from the News.lt portal without written permission of News.lt editorial office is prohibited.