The statement

Published: 20 February 2000 y., Sunday
The office of the Prosecutor-General circulated a statement on 17 February warning against any calls for Kazakhstan to join the Russia-Belarus Union, Khabar TV reported. Such calls, the prosecutor_s office said, "constitute interference in state affairs by public organizations and are a gross violation of the constitution and laws of Kazakhstan." The statement was issued after the Slavic Communities of Kazakhstan announced they favor a referendum on the issue and after the country_s communist leader, Serikbolsyn Abdildin, said that Kazakhstan must take its time before making a decision on this issue, Interfax reported on 17 February.
Šaltinis: PG
Copying, publishing, announcing any information from the News.lt portal without written permission of News.lt editorial office is prohibited.

Facebook Comments

New comment


Captcha

Associated articles

The most popular articles

Ukraine Election To Go To Second Round

Exit polls show that Prime Minister Viktor Yanukovich and challenger Viktor Yushchenko finished on top in Ukraine's presidential election today and will face each other in a run-off next month more »

Moldova's qualification for Europe's all star team

Moldova was one of the first countries mentioned by EU leaders as a candidate for closer cooperation more »

Russia and Lithuania to negotiate military transit

Consultations of experts concerning an agreement on military transit to Russia's Kaliningrad Region through Lithuania will start in Moscow on November 2004 more »

The Final Stretch of election campaign

Putin enters Ukrainian election row by attending army parade more »

Moldovan President Off for Visit to Azerbaijan

Moldovan President Vladimir Voronin has left for a two-day official visit to Baku more »

Putin's Kiev visit 'timed to influence Ukraine poll'

Vladimir Putin began a state visit to Kiev yesterday with a television interview in which he held out the possibility of favourable treatment to Ukrainians more »

Chechen Web site reopens out of Finland

A Web site used by a Chechen warlord to claim responsibility for last month's school siege in Russia has come back online based out of Finland more »

EU Negotiates Partnership With Russia

In preparation for the summit on Nov. 11, the Russian foreign minister, Sergei Lavrov, yesterday met Dutch Foreign Minister Ben Bot, EU Commissioner Chris Patten and Javier Solana, the EU’s foreign policy representative more »

The Visit

Azerbaijian President Ilham Aliyev met with visiting Chinese Foreign Minister Li Zhaoxing on Saturday in Baku more »

The Results of Lithuanian Elections

A pro-Russian populist political party stumbled in Lithuanian parliamentary elections Sunday more »